Call us now ! Send us an email Elmwood Ave. Columbia United States

Back to Top

Car, Truck & Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Columbia

In representing injured workers for over 30 years, we know that South Carolina roads can be dangerous. From the person in the car beside us talking on their cell phone to someone speeding and not paying attention, accidents happen. For over 30 years, The McDaniel Law Firm has evaluated, helped and tried cases for victims of serious car, truck and motorcycle accidents. You have the right to be compensated for your lost wages and earnings capacity, as well as past, present and future medical bills, pain and suffering, mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life.
South Carolina requires all vehicles to have insurance coverage. There are multiple types of insurance coverage, and each type of coverage plays its own role in an auto accident claim.

Liability Coverage

South Carolina law requires drivers to have liability insurance. This helps protect you from injury and damage caused by the negligence of other drivers. If you are hurt in an accident that is not your fault, we will work to recover all of the other person’s or corporation(s) liability insurance. You do not need to lose everything you have worked for because someone else injured you. Call us today.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage and Underinsured Motorist Coverage

In representing injured workers for over 30 years, we know to look for all types of other coverage to make sure you are compensated for your injury
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM) and Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM) are two types of insurance that are available for purchase when you and/or the person or company in whose car you are riding buys car insurance. This insurance protects you from at-fault drivers who either have no insurance or who do not have enough insurance to cover your damages.
UM coverage is mandatory. South Carolina law requires that your policy has UM coverage in the same amount as your liability coverage. UIM coverage is optional. When you purchase automobile insurance, South Carolina law requires your insurance company to offer you UIM coverage equal to your liability coverage amounts. If you are injured in a wreck and either the other person does not have enough insurance, or is breaking the law and has no insurance, we file a claim against the at-fault driver to collect from your UM or UIM coverage.

What to Do if You Are in a Wreck

If you have been injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, let the experienced accident attorneys at The McDaniel Law Firm assist you. Call us in Columbia at 803-771-7211. Our Columbia office represents clients throughout Columbia, Lexington, Orangeburg, Rock Hill, Lancaster, Myrtle Beach, Greenville and Spartanburg.