Call us now ! Send us an email Elmwood Ave. Columbia United States

Back to Top


At The McDaniel Law Firm, we are often asked questions about the workers’ compensation system. Here are just a few:

I am out of work. Who pays me?
When you are out of work for at least seven days, the insurance carrier is required to pay you weekly temporary total disability benefits. If you are not receiving those benefits, call us at 803-771-7211 in Columbia today.

The insurance company is denying my claim. What can I do?
The South Carolina workers’ compensation attorneys at The McDaniel Law Firm are dedicated to helping you get the benefits you deserve. For 30 years, the attorneys at The McDaniel Law Firm have secured workers’ compensation benefits for injured workers and their families. Contact us (Contact us page) today to let us help you.
If my company has a policy or told me that I have to report accidents within 24 or 48 hours, and if I don’t do that, am I barred from filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits?
The simple answers is NO. You can still file a claim. Such a policy has nothing to do with your right to file a claim.
If I file a claim for STD/LTD, or other company disability or medical benefits, am I barred from filing a claim?
No, but you should talk to a lawyer ASAP to make sure you are filing properly.

If I am doing my normal everyday job activities, such as lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, reading, typing, I cannot file for injury caused by these activities.
Wrong. Yes, you can file for such activities.

True or False: If I get hurt on the job, workers’ compensation only has to pay me for my regular pay or my job where I was injured at the time I was injured.
False. There are factors as to what pay rate you are entitled to while you are out of work and/or for your injuries.
True or False: If I have signed an agreement that I am not entitled to workers’ compensation or that I will not file for workers’ compensation, I am barred from filing for workers’ compensation.